Face to face workshop: 6hrs
Online course: 4hrs
This workshop/course equips teachers with skills and confidence in designing school curriculum from a biblical perspective in response to a mandated curriculum.
This workshop equips teachers with skills and confidence in school curriculum design. It explores designing curriculum in response to the Australian Curriculum (or any mandated curriculum) from a biblical perspective using the principles of Understanding by Design. The interactive and collaborative practical sessions will develop the model presented in Transformation by Design: The Big Picture.
Participants will be able to:
- state examples of different visions for education held by educational commentators
- articulate the desired outcomes for competency and character for a graduate of a Christian school
- understand the non-neutrality of all curricula
- appreciate the importance of transformation in education and therefore curriculum design
- confidently apply the Big Picture Template when planning a biblical, transformational curriculum
- appreciate that Christian curriculum must be planned, non-neutral, and transformational
- articulate a summary of a biblical worldview
- develop a biblical perspective on a topic or curriculum strand
- consider the ways in which the Bible suggests that authentic knowing includes response—‘responsive discipleship’
- confidently take a mandated curriculum (e.g. the Australian Curriculum) and develop curriculum that seeks transformation.
Target audience: Teachers
Addressed standards: 1.3, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 6.2, 6.3
ENROL NOW Individual enrolment for an online course
ENROL NOW Individual enrolment for an online course (non-CEN)
ENROL NOW Group enrolment for a workshop or online course
BOOK NOW Book a presenter for your school for the face to face workshop